A round-up of the latest news out of the Atlantic Division….
- Steve Pagliuca appeared on WEEI's Mut and Merloni Show, and Alex Speier has transcibed a few of the comments made by the Celtics co-owner. Pagliuca discussed Paul Pierce, Danny Ainge, and the team's financial flexibility, among other topics.
- A. Sherrod Blakely of CSNNE.com doesn't put too much stock in rumors of the Celtics' interest in Pau Gasol.
- The Raptors don't plan to sign anyone to a 10-day contract, tweets Ryan Wolstat of the Toronto Sun.
- Dwight Howard is the only acquisition worth breaking up the 76ers young core for, and there's no way Philadelphia will land him, writes Phil Sheridan of the Philadelphia Inquirer. Sheridan expect the Sixers to be relatively quiet at this year's trade deadline, with an eye toward the offseason.
- The 76ers still need to find a consistent go-to guy, says Sam Donnellon of the Philadelphia Daily News.