Amidst Kobe's plea to management to make a decision on teammate Pau Gasol, here are some other things we've scavenged as the Lakers prepare for their game against the Trail Blazers tonight at the Staples Center.
- GM Mitch Kupchack addressed the media in response to Kobe as well as his stance on the Lakers being in trade talks.
- Chris Broussard of ESPN.com writes that the Lakers have spoken to the Timberwolves regarding their interest in forward Michael Beasley.
- Yahoo's Adrian Wojnarowski reports (via Twitter) that while there isn't too much progress in the ongoing trade talk involving Gasol, he also tweets that the stalled talks are due to the Lakers' specific asking price.
- SI.com's Chris Mannix tweets that the Rockets are not interested in trading point guard Kyle Lowry in a deal for Pau.
- Dave McMenamin of ESPNLosAngeles.com reports that although coach Mike Brown does not want to get involved between Kobe and Mitch Kupchack, he admits that the rumors could be bothering Gasol.
- Earlier today, we reported other rumors surrounding the Lakers forward.