Rounding up a few Tuesday odds and ends from around the NBA…
- The Lakers are "determined" to acquire a point guard sooner rather than later, according to Peter Vecsey of the New York Post. The Lakers appear to be the most active team in pursuing trades, tweets Sam Amico of FOX Sports Ohio.
- Jeff Caplan of ESPN Dallas wonders if the Mavericks have a legit shot at landing Dwight Howard, and talks to owner Mark Cuban about his past investments in big men.
- Raptors coach Dwane Casey says no moves are on the horizon for his club and that he hopes his players don't get distracted by trade rumors. Ryan Wolstat of the Toronto Sun has the details.
- Hunter Atkins of the New York Times explores the 10-day journey of recent Nets signee Andre Emmett, who was told New Jersey would not sign him to a second 10-day deal.
- Michael Kidd-Gilchrist insisted to reporters, including Kyle Tucker of the Courier-Journal, that he intends to stay at Kentucky and graduate, a stance that surprises even coach John Calipari. Kidd-Gilchrist could be a top-five pick if he enters the NBA draft this year, as ESPN.com's Chad Ford suggests in his latest Insider-only piece on the draft class.