Here's a look at links from around the league as we look ahead to All-Star Saturday night..
- Vincent Goodwill of the Detroit News doesn't like the current look of the Lakers and places the blame on the shoulders of VP Jim Buss. Goodwill writes that he doesn't seem willing or able to put the necessary resources into making them a real threat in the postseason.
- Recent All-Star weekends have been dominated by talk of where star players could be dealt, writes Peter Kerasotis of the New York Times. Last year, Carmelo Anthony was the focus just before the Nuggets sent him to the Knicks.
- Since acquiring Chris Paul, the Clippers' turnover percentage has improved dramatically, writes Justin Kubatko of the New York Times.
- Meanwhile, John Reid of the Times Picayune writes that Paul is happy in Los Angeles and confident that the club can sustain the talent level.
- Jeff McDonald of the Express-News wonders what could have been at the University of Texas if LaMarcus Aldridge hadn't declared early for the draft in 2006 and instead teamed up with incoming freshman Kevin Durant.