There are several significant storylines to follow in the Central Division as it relates to the standings. The first place Bulls are hanging onto a three game lead over the Heat, and both are on a three-game winning streak. While it may not be likely that the Pacers overtake Chicago for top of the division, Indiana sits just two games behind the Magic for a chance at third place and homecourt advantage in the first round of the playoffs. The Bucks, who are currently on a league-best six-game winning streak, are one game behind the Knicks for the eighth and final playoff spot. Beyond that, here are some other things we've heard from the Central:
- This article from Cleveland.com highlights Kyrie Irving's impressive performance in the fourth quarter in a recent loss to Atlanta, and follows up with a few miscellaneous Cavaliers notes.
- Charles F. Gardner of the Journal Sentinel writes about Scott Skiles approach to the Bucks' remaining season schedule.
- Although Derrick Rose has been battling injuries throughout the season, the Bulls have managed an 11-4 record without him. An instrumental part of that success can be credited to the emergence of John Lucas III as a solid contributor. K.C. Johnson of the Chicago Tribune digs deeper into Lucas' journey up to this point in the season.
- The Pistons completed last week's road trip with a disappointing 1-4 record, two losses which included coming up short to the Clippers in overtime and Ben Gordon missing a potential game winner in Denver. David Mayo of MLive.com writes more about Detroit's inability to finish games, as well as some thoughts from head coach Lawrence Frank.
- Tayshaun Prince is determined to turn things around in Detroit, writes Chris Tomasson of FS Florida.