On this day in 2001, the Rockets defeated the Hawks 110-97 to become the first NBA team in 18 years to sweep an entire division. The Rockets won all 16 games against Central Division opponents, becoming the first team to sweep a division since the 1982/83 Lakers swept all 12 intra-divisional games. Unfortunately for Houston, they couldn't play all 82 games against the Central as they finished two games behind the T'Wolves for the eighth playoff seed.
If you have a great basketball blog piece that you think we should feature in our weekly installment of Hoops Links, send me an email at [email protected] Here's this week's look around the basketball blogosphere..
- At The Hive looks at the Hornets' history with lottery picks.
- MagicBasketball.net played a round of Fact Or Fiction with a healthy dose of D12.
- Bullets Forever catalogs the evolution of the Wizards.
- Bright Side Of The Sun thinks Steve Nash can still play at a high level after the big 4-0.
- The Basketball Post celebrates the validation of Kentucky coach John Calipari.
- Truth About It wonders if the Wizards are in better position going forward than the Nets.
- Blog A Bull knows that C.J. Watson needs a rest, but the Bulls need him more.
- Euro-Step looks at the rise of the Germans.
- Straight Outta Vancouver comes to the defense of Rudy Gay and Zach Randolph.
- Sactown Royalty isn't sure of what the Maloofs are trying to prove.
- Hoop Speak tips their e-cap to Lakers coach Mike Brown.
- Pounding The Rock checks out the new-look Spurs.
- Detroit Bad Boys asks if the NBA is ready for advertising on jerseys.
- SB Nation breaks down our long national Dwightmare.
- Mavs Moneyball salutes Delonte West.
- Clips Nation looks at Chris Paul & Co. down the stretch.
- NBA Playbook looks at Miami's failed experiment.
- The Dream Shake tries to figure out Patrick Patterson.
- Silver Screen And Roll breaks down The Sessions Effect.
- Liberty Ballers peaks inside the mind of Doug Collins.
- Cowbell Kingdom wonders about Keith Smart's rotation.
- Hoop Idea looks at Bill Simmons' thoughts on tanking over the years.
- Ballin Europe gave their take on the Euroleague Women Final Eight.
- RealGM peers into the crystal ball for a look at the future of the Thunder.
- The Classical isn't quite sure what Dwight Howard is going for.
If you have a suggestion for this feature, Zach can be reached here.