On this day in 1994, Charles Barkley hit 23-of-31 field goal attempts and finished with 56 points to lead the Suns to a 140-133 win over the Warriors and a three-game sweep of their first round series. The Suns stayed hot heading into the next round when they took the first two games of their series on the road against the Rockets. Unfortunately for Barkley & Co., the Rockets would battle back to win in seven games.
Do you have an outstanding basketball blog piece that you think we should feature? If so, send it to me at [email protected]. Here's our look at the best of the web this week..
- Blazers Edge takes a shot at instant rebuilding in Portland.
- RealGM asks if college basketball transfers are out of control.
- Hardwood Paroxysm examines Mike Conley in the double pick-and-roll.
- Eight Points In Nine Seconds doesn't agree with Ryan Anderson winning MIP.
- True Hoop wonders why Andrew Bynum doesn't get the ball more.
- Hoops Addict breaks down the Year of the Coach.
- Wages Of Wins dubs Reggie Evans one of the most underrated players in the game.
- The Hoop Doctors introduces us to basketball's next big thing.
- The Starting Five plays Debbie Downer to the Thunder.
- Forum Blue & Gold tries to figure out how to keep Arron Afflalo off of Kobe Bryant.
- Piston Powered checks out Austin Rivers and how he could fit in with Detroit.
- The Basketball Post runs down the Euroleague final four for NBA fans.
- The Portland Roundball Society looks back on Ray Felton's time with the Trail Blazers.
- Bucksketball believes that this will be a telling week for Milwaukee.
- Ballin Europe looks at the curse of the Eurochallenge championship.
- 48 Minutes Of Hell wants to know what happened to Devin Harris.
- Valley Of The Suns says the pressure is on Lance Blanks and Lon Babby this summer.
- Red94 wants to see Roy Hibbert in Houston.
- The Basketball Jones writes that Derrick Rose can bounce back just fine from his ACL tear.
- Magic Basketball reminds you that Glen Davis is a champion.
If you have a suggestion for this feature, Zach can be reached here.