In a radio interview earlier today, Trail Blazers acting GM Chad Buchanan says his team has a "financial ceiling" in mind for restricted free agent Nicolas Batum, according to BlazersEdge.com's Ben Golliver. Portland will also be targeting "mid-tier" free agent big men this offseason.
- In a tweet, the Daily News' Stefan Bondy says Nets GM Billy King announced that Adam Morrison and Al Thornton will be working out at a free agent camp at the team's facility this month.
- The Toronto Sun's Frank Zicarelli believes it's unlikely the Mavericks will exercise the $3.1MM team option on Vince Carter's contract next season, making the guard a free agent.
- Michigan State senior forward Draymond Green says he's been told he'll be selected in the first round of this year's draft, according to Larry Lage from the Associated Press. Green has a workout scheduled with the Celtics
- With James Harden, Kevin Durant, and Russell Westbrook all invited to participate in Team USA's training camp this July, The Oklahoman's John Rohde suggests the team take on Thunder head coach Scott Brooks as either a member of the coaching staff or a helpful observer. With three of his players all expected to compete for spots this year and in 2016, it makes sense to have Brooks on board.
- Tommy Dee from Sheridan Hoops gives us five underclassmen who've officially entered the NBA draft that could surprise some people as early as next season if they're selected late.
- In a story from today's Sacramento Bee by Tony Bizjak, it was revealed that the city of Sacramento spent $680K since September in its failed effort to build a downtown sports and entertainment arena.
- On OregonLive.com, several Trail Blazer scribes weigh in on what the team should do with J.J. Hickson.
- In an attempt to alleviate some pain caused by the patellar tendinitis he suffered through all of last season, Bucks forward Luc Mbah a Moute underwent knee surgery on Friday, according to JSOnline.com's Charles F. Gardner. He is expected to make a full recovery and be ready for training camp in October.