SI.com's Sam Amick says he'd be surprised if there weren't a few trades finalized this week, particularly on draft night. Amick points to the Rockets, who own the 14th and 16th overall picks in the first round, as a prime candidate to be involved in draft-day deals, confirming ESPN.com's report that the Kings are among the teams talking to Houston. Amick shares a number of other draft-related updates, and one non-draft rumor via Sulia. Here are the highlights….
- The "message is spreading" following Danny Ferry's hiring this morning that the Hawks' new president and GM is looking to shake up the team's roster. Josh Smith has long been considered the most likely trade candidate in Atlanta.
- The Bucks have considered trading down from No. 12, and would look at Will Barton in that case.
- The Nets are exploring the possibility of getting into the first round, looking for any assets that could help convince Deron Williams to re-sign.
- Amick names the No. 2 and No. 6 picks as potential turning points. The Bobcats' pick at No. 2 figures to dictate how the next three picks go, while Damian Lillard is a legit possibility for the Blazers at sixth overall, meaning Andre Drummond could slip.
- Moe Harkless and Austin Rivers are among the players whose draft stick is rising, while Perry Jones III is falling, says Amick.