With the Lakers holding only the 60th pick in the draft, much of the talk surrounding the team has had to do with Pau Gasol. Sam Amico of Fox Sports Ohio hears much more from L.A. and shares it along with a number of tidbits from around the Association. A source tells Amico the Lakers will look to dump salary this offseason and sign Spencer Hawes, Nick Young, Kirk Hinrich and Kris Humphries. The Lakers may also look into trading for Jordan Crawford if the Wizards draft Bradley Beal tonight. Here's more from Amico:
- The Lakers are shopping Pau Gasol aggressively, but he's more likely to be dealt during the free agency period than before or during tonight's draft.
- Interest is low in Metta World Peace, and the Lakers no longer think they can get a late first round pick for him.
- Grizzlies guard O.J. Mayo could be a free agent target for the Lakers and the Celtics.
- Despite reports to the contrary, the Rockets have not given up their pursuit of Gasol. Luis Scola, Kyle Lowry and Kevin Martin are the Rockets vets drawing the most interest as the team tries to acquire a superstar.
- We heard amidst our draft rumors that the Cavs may have to give up Anderson Varejao to land another first round pick, but despite reports that a deal involving Varejao was rejected by the Warriors, Amico hears the Cavs are unlikely to give up the Brazilian big man.