We already rounded up a number of updates on the 76ers this morning, as the team begins to search for a replacement for Rod Thorn and weighs how to handle its free agents. Now, let's catch up on a few of their Atlantic Division rivals, with updates on the Raptors' draft workouts, a Celtic undergoing surgery, and a potential free agent target for the Knicks....
- The Raptors will conduct a pair of draft workouts today, according to a team press release. Kendall Marshall and Terrence Ross are among the six players working out this morning, while Damian Lillard will work out individually this afternoon.
- Doc Rivers will make a major push to retain free-agent-to-be Kevin Garnett, and Garnett's friend Sam Cassell says he can't see KG leaving the Celtics. "KG is a loyal guy," Cassell told Jackie MacMullan of ESPNBoston.com. "I can't see him playing for anyone else except Doc at this point."
- The Celtics' other major free agent, Ray Allen, will undergo ankle surgery on Wednesday morning, according to Mark Murphy of the Boston Herald.
- Marc Berman of the New York Post suggests Derek Fisher could be a realistic low-cost option to back up Jeremy Lin for the Knicks. Although Fisher was noncommital about whether he'd be interested in signing with the Knicks, Berman hears from people close to the player that he loves New York.
- Jeff Van Gundy thinks Mike Woodson was the right choice to coach the Knicks, and doesn't fault the team for not reaching out to Phil Jackson, writes Berman in a separate Post piece.