We've already linked one Friday piece from ESPN.com's Chad Ford in our daily Draft Updates post, but Ford is back with another Insider-only column full of draft news and rumors. Here are his newest items on the Pistons, Bucks, Rockets, and more….
- Meyers Leonard and John Henson appear to be the favorites to be drafted by the Pistons at No. 9, but if Andre Drummond manages to fall, Detroit would likely snap him up. There are scenarios in which Drummond could slip, since he has reportedly struggled in workouts and hasn't received strong feedback from teams.
- If Leonard and Tyler Zeller are both off the board at No. 12, the Bucks could switch gears and draft a wing player, with Jeremy Lamb, Terrence Ross, and Moe Harkless all possibilities.
- Lamb was forced to cancel workouts after suffering a high ankle sprain during a Toronto workout, but would like to get in a few more before the draft, if he can. The Blazers and Suns are among the teams "clamoring to get him in," and the Raptors would like to get a longer look at him too.
- After reporting yesterday that White has received a guarantee from the Celtics, Ford isn't surprised to hear his report being strongly denied. He believes his sources are strong, but cautions that draft promises are hard to nail down and that the guarantee could have come from the Hawks at No. 23.
- The Rockets would love to move up into the top five, but don't want to give up a ton of assets. They feel like the middle of the draft is strong, and have turned down one offer to package picks 14 and 16 for a top-10 choice, according to Ford. While the top big men (Drummond, Leonard, Zeller) may not be around at No. 14, the Rockets have other ways of acquiring a center, and could target Roy Hibbert and Omer Asik in restricted free agency, says Ford.