We'll be following most of today's draft notes here, but the latest column from ESPN.com's Chad Ford (Insider link) featured enough items of interest that it required its own post. Here are some of the highlights from ESPN.com's draft guru:
- As expected, there's no chance the Hornets are trading the No. 1 pick. According to Ford, the Cavaliers offered all their picks this year (Nos. 4, 24, 33, 34), and were quickly turned down.
- Ford is hearing that Bobcats owner Michael Jordan "isn't sold on" Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, and that Thomas Robinson is a possibility at No. 2. The Bobcats are also seriously considering trading the second overall selection for multiple picks.
- Although GM Bryan Colangelo denied making a promise to Dion Waiters, the Raptors may still take him if he's available at No. 8, says Ford.
- Ford hears rumblings that Austin Rivers may have received a guarantee from a team in the lottery.
- Andrew Nicholson is unlikely to slip past the Celtics' pair of picks in the early twenties.
- Damian Lillard is a candidate to be selected as high as No. 6 by the Trail Blazers, while Moe Harkless could go as high as seventh or eighth, to the Warriors or Raptors.