We keep hearing teams like the Mavericks, Nets, and Raptors named as potential suitors for Steve Nash, but if one of those teams misses out on both Nash and Deron Williams, its next target could be Jeremy Lin. Alex Kennedy of HoopsWorld hears from sources that one of those three clubs could sign Lin to an offer sheet, forcing the Knicks to match. Here are a few more free agent updates from Kennedy, with just over 12 hours left until the fun begins….
- The Hornets plan to match any offer sheet Eric Gordon signs. If he's going to leave, New Orleans would like to sign-and-trade him, but it's far more likely the club will just keep him.
- The Celtics, Timberwolves, Pacers, and Clippers are among the teams expected to pursue in O.J. Mayo. Another two guard, Jamal Crawford, could draw interest from those four teams as well. The Suns may also target Crawford.
- While the Rockets or Mavericks could go after Roy Hibbert, it's likely to be a waste of time, since the Pacers are ready to match any offers for the big man.
- League sources tell Kennedy that Grant Hill will consider taking a pay cut to sign with a contender.
- The decision to opt out of his contract was a difficult one for Ramon Sessions, who would still love to re-sign with the Lakers.