Magic GM Rob Hennigan contemplated moving up or down in the first round of tonight's draft, but ultimately decided to stay put and draft Andrew Nicholson. He told reporters, including John Denton of OrlandoMagic.com (Twitter link), that Nicholson was "the best player on the board," in Orlando's estimation. Hennigan also made a number of other comments to Orlando media tonight, so let's round up the highlights (all Twitter links, via Denton, Brian Schmitz of the Orlando Sentinel, and Josh Robbins of the Sentinel)….
- "A lot of different teams" approached the Magic about acquiring Dwight Howard, according to Hennigan.
- Hennigan shot down a report suggesting the DeVos family had asked him not to move Howard, but declined comment on a report that D12 would miss the start of the season while he recovers from back surgery.
- Hennigan will meet face-to-face with Howard for the first time next week, and is "pretty excited" about the chance to talk to Dwight.
- The Magic GM reiterated that he'd like to see Jameer Nelson return to Orlando for next season and beyond.
- Orlando's coaching search will get underway on Friday, as the team begins reaching out to candidates.