According to an ESPN report via The Associated Press, Eric Gordon has set a high priority on securing a long-term destination this summer as he hits free agency and still considers New Orleans a viable landing spot. The three-year veteran was seen as a key piece in the Chris Paul deal with the Clippers, but only managaged to play nine games this season while dealing with injury. With about three more weeks to go until free agency begins, here's the rest of tonight's news…
- Although the Bucks are pretty much set in the back court, Charles F. Gardner of The Journal Sentinel explored the idea of Austin Rivers being selected 12th overall by Milwaukee. The 6'5'' combo guard played for Mike Krzyzewski at Duke this year and told reporters at the draft combine that he tries to pattern his game after Russell Westbrook, Tony Parker, Deron Williams, and Derrick Rose.
- Jonathan Givony of DraftExpress gives a preview of the Adidas Eurocamp in Treviso, Italy. With the exception of Evan Fournier projected as first-round pick, Givony says that the assembly of talent includes a group of players who he feels are draft-eligible second round prospects.
- Eddie Sefko of SportsDay DFW began a series of articles covering ten free agents from the upcoming summer that would fit well with the Mavericks. At number 10 is Chris Kaman, a player who should be familiar playing alongside Dirk Nowitzki from their experience together on the German national team.
- Joe Freeman of The Oregonian delves into the mind of newly namedTrail Blazers GM Neil Olshey as he prepares for what he calls "one of the most important Trail Blazers drafts ever." Freeman highlighted Olshey's philosphy of drafting the best available player versus drafting according to need, also mentioning that Neil is open to the possibility of dealing the picks in order to move up or trade for an established veteran player.
- Rick Bonnell of the Charlotte Observer contrasts the personalities of Michael Kidd-Gilchrist and Thomas Robinson, referring to Kidd-Gilchrist as a soft-spoken player with potential who will remind fans of Gerald Wallace and Robinson as a can't-miss prospect with a lower ceiling and a brooding personality.