It figures to be an eventful summer for the 76ers, who hold three picks in the draft, should receive plenty of inquiries on Andre Iguodala, and could use the amnesty clause to clear Elton Brand's $18MM+ salary from their books. I previewed the Sixers' offseason last week, but as the draft and free agency approach, we'll gain a better understanding of their plans. In the meantime, let's check in on the latest items out of Philadelphia….
- The 76ers will probably target a big man with their 15th overall pick, according to John Mitchell of the Philadelphia Inquirer. Mitchell lists Jared Sullinger, Tyler Zeller, John Henson, Arnett Moultrie, Fab Melo, and Kyle O'Quinn as players who may interest in the Sixers, though not all of them are expected to be available at No. 15.
- The Sixers figure to draft a scoring guard with one of their two second-round picks, says Mitchell.
- Brand is "not a lock" to be amnestied, according to Mitchell.
- Mitchell adds that Lou Williams is still expected to decline his player option for 2012/13.
- Jack McCarthy of the Philadelphia Daily News takes a look at a pair of North Carolina big men, Zeller and Henson, that the Sixers wouldn't mind landing on June 28th. Both players have workouts scheduled with Philadelphia.