The day's biggest news so far came out of the Southwest Division, when ESPN.com's Marc Stein reported that Michael Heisley had found a buyer for the Grizzlies. While we wait to hear whether an agreement between current ownership and prospective buyer Robert Pera will be finalized, let's check in on a few more Southwest updates, including the latest Rudy Gay trade rumors….
- Bill Ingram of HoopsWorld examines the possibility of the Grizzlies moving Gay, noting that sources close to the 25-year-old say he would welcome a trade. It was Heisley who shot down reports of Gay being on the block, but the team's financial restrictions under Heisley may have inspired the trade rumors in the first place, so it's unclear how a change in ownership would affect the situation.
- The Rockets and Mavericks are among the teams that could be interested in Gay if he's available, Ingram adds within the same piece.
- If Delonte West wants to return to the Mavericks, he'll probably have to agree to a deal not too much larger than this year's minimum-salary contract, says Tim MacMahon of ESPNDallas.com.
- Tunisian big man Salah Mejri will work out for the Mavericks, reports Emiliano Carchia of Sportando.
- Danny Green of the Spurs could draw interest from the Celtics this summer, according to Gary Washburn of the Boston Globe.