Brandon Roy, Jason Kidd, and Jamal Crawford were among the players to reach agreements with new clubs yesterday, while Nicolas Batum and Jeremy Lin agreed to lucrative offer sheets that their current teams are expected to match. What will Friday bring? Here are the latest rumors on a number of free agents still on the market:
- The Timberwolves have pushed their next discussion with Greg Stiemsma back to tomorrow while they determine the cap implications of their agreements with Brandon Roy and Nicolas Batum, tweets Jerry Zgoda of the Star Tribune. A. Sherrod Blakely of CSNNE.com adds (via Twitter) that Stiemsma is also drawing interest from the Trail Blazers and Hornets.
- Al Iannazzone of Newsday (Twitter link) is hearing that Randy Foye could be a possibility for the Knicks. In order to land both Foye and Jason Kidd, New York would have to sign-and-trade for one of them.
- The Nuggets continue to "grind it out" with JaVale McGee's reps, tweets David Aldridge of TNT. As Aldridge notes, whichever team loses out on Roy Hibbert between the Pacers and Trail Blazers could enter the mix in a big way for McGee.
- Anthony Randolph will meet with the Hawks this weekend and the Mavericks on Tuesday, says Marc J. Spears of Yahoo! Sports (via Twitter).
- The Nets, Mavs, Bulls, Thunder, and Cavaliers are in the running for Derek Fisher, writes Howard Beck of the New York Times.
- The Grizzlies will meet with Raptors restricted free agent Sonny Weems tonight, according to Ronald Tillery of the Memphis Commercial Appeal.