The Rockets are now in play for free agent guard Ramon Sessions, a source tells Jeff Caplan of ESPNDallas.com. The 26-year-old is said to be seeking a starting job and the security of a multiyear deal, something that the Mavericks seem prepared to offer. We ran down the day’s free agent rumors earlier today, here’s the latest batch..
- The Lakers have expressed interest in unrestricted free agent Jodie Meeks, sources close to the situation told Alex Kennedy of HoopsWorld (via Twitter). Meeks became an unrestricted free agent when the 76ers decided not to give him the qualifying offer.
- Alonzo Gee‘s agent Andre Buck told Mary Schmitt Boyer of The Plain Dealer that he and his client are hopeful a deal can be done with the Cavs. Cleveland extended the qualifying offer to Gee last week and reportedly will match any offer sheet extended to the 25-year-old.
- Bucks power forward Ersan Ilyasova might visit the Cavaliers “sometime next week,” agent Andy Miller told Bob Finnan of The News-Herald (via Twitter). Miller added that the Cavs have legitimate interest.
- If the Hornets match Eric Gordon‘s offer sheet as expected, Sam Amick of Sports Illustrated (via Twitter) wouldn’t be surprised if the Suns set their sights on free agent guard Lou Williams.
- The Pacers are weighing whether to put in a bid for Elton Brand, a league source tells Ken Berger of CBSSports.com (via Twitter).