Twelve years ago this week, Isiah Thomas was named as head coach of the Pacers, replacing Larry Bird. As with Bird, the job in Indiana was his very first experience as head coach. Bird had the more successful coaching debut between the two: Larry Legend was named the Coach of the Year in 1997/98 after leading the club to 58 wins while Thomas led the Pacers to a .500 record in his first season.
If you have a great blog piece that you think we should feature in Hoops Links, you can send it to me at [email protected]. Here's this week's look around the basketball blogosphere..
- Secret Rival offers up a list of American players heading overseas for the upcoming season.
- Hardwood Paroxysm praises the Celtics for their acquisition of Courtney Lee.
- Nets Are Scorching talks about the team's move across the river.
- The Basketball Post gets us caught up with Fran Vazquez.
- RealGM feels bad for Knicks fans after the club parted ways with Jeremy Lin.
- Basketbawful takes a closer look at the Dwight Howard saga.
- Basketball Prospectus loves Kyle Lowry's contract.
- NBA 24 7 365 isn't thrilled about the prospect of seeing advertisements on jerseys next year.
- A Wolf Among Wolves reflects on Nicolas Batum's flirtation with Minnesota through music.
- Know Hitter doesn't like the 2012 USA team's chances against the Dream Team.
- Project Spurs points out that San Antonio is stacked in the backcourt.
- Bright Side Of The Sun is happy to see Goran Dragic back in Phoenix.
- Pounding The Rock has their eye on Corey Joseph.
- Brew Hoop believes that Larry Sanders is better than his summer league play indicates.
- Piston Powered stands up for Glen Rice.
- Swish Appeal believes that the USA Women's team has some issues to deal with.
- Sactown Royalty gives Kings fans the skinny on Aaron Brooks.
If you have a suggestion for this feature, Zach can be reached here.