dziennika egzotyczny pieścić medycyny centrum medyczne zdrowie Denver

Rockets Amnesty Luis Scola

FRIDAY, 2:33pm: The Rockets have officially released Scola via the amnesty clause, tweets's Marc Stein.

THURSDAY, 8:57pm: Eric Pincus of HoopsWorld points out why Scola could actually clear the amnesty waivers and become an unrestricted free agent. An amnesty bid requires the incorporation of the non-guaranteed amount of the contract. While Scola was guaranteed $9.4MM and $10.2MM for the next two seasons, his final season was for $11MM with just $1MM guaranteed. A bidding team would have to account for the non-guaranteed $10MM over the life of the original deal (three years in this case), thus starting the bid at a minimum of around $3.3MM. Pincus mentions that teams won't have that kind of cap space to make such an offer, which increases the possibility that Scola clears waivers.

5:53pm: Wojnarowski tweets that while there is no imminent Dwight-to-Houston trade with the amnestying of Scola, the Rockets "will stop at nothing" to land Howard. Earlier, he briefly mentioned that the Mavericks will be aggressive bidders in the event that Luis is on the amnesty waiver wire. 

5:42pm: TNT's David Aldridge tweets that Houston has not made a final determination on using the amnesty on Scola, but that it could "potentially" happen on Friday. He also adds that "multiple factors" will play a role in their decision, especially if the team can find another way to add Howard  (Twitter link). HoopsWorld's Alex Kennedy thinks that the Rockets wouldn't amnesty Scola unless they felt a trade for Dwight was close. 

5:28pm: Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo tweets that the Rockets have decided to use their amnesty clause on Luis Scola and will file with the NBA on Friday (Twitter link). Scola is due $21MM over the next three years, and Wojnarowski tweets that Houston is clearing space in order to pursue a deal for Dwight Howard


newest oldest

11 thoughts on “Rockets Amnesty Luis Scola

  1. pb111

    1,2,3,4,5 Sixers

    10,9,8, 76ers

  2. Caintellect1

    The trade Dwight Howard is going down. 99% chance he’s going to Houston. 1% chance He going to Lakers and Bynum going to Houston

  3. Adult Supervisor

    Daryl Morey has either lost his mind or been given marching orders by Les Alexander who wants to sell tickets.

    Scola is a fine player who shows up and gives his all every single game. He should be worth a couple of first round draft choices and not an amnesty waiver. That’s silly.

    The Rockets are going to rent the Dwightmare for one season and then contest the Bobcats for last place. In the meantime, Dwight will destroy locker room chemistry and alienate management. Morey will likely get fired and some poor guy will have to come in and try to clean up the mess afterwards. What a disaster.

    I’ve been a big supporter of Daryl Morey but he’s lost me this time.

    • Johnnie

      I’m completely okay with what he is doing. It’s a star centered league, and you have to have two to win. Even if Howard does not sign an extension, Houston will be left with cap room and a position to acquire top picks. I’m a big believer in bottoming out and fully rebuilding than hoping for an 8 seed every year.

  4. pb111

    Does anyone have a site or link with NBA’s up to date salary caps of team? spotrac is kinda of update but not quite.

    • BrickTops

      link to….. Just click on the team you want

      • pb111

        thanks but it’s not up to date either, I was looing a the sixers it still has Brand and doesn’t have N. Young, Wright, Watkins

        • BrickTops

          It has not been officially approved by the Commish. Hoopshype is as accurate as I have seen

        • dc21892

          Take ten min, look up contracts and do the math -_-

  5. pb111

    Does the team that acquires a player via amnesty waivers have to wait a certain amount of time before they can trade them? (like when a team signs a player as a FA)

  6. Terrence877

    i hope my lakers get him and not jermaine o’neal as rumored

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

 Notify me of followup comments via e-mail.

You can click here to Subscribe without commenting

Get the hottest NBA news and rumors before anyone else! Follow us on Twitter to stay updated: