As Team USA gets ready for their gold medal match against Spain on Sunday, we take a look around the league to see the latest on what's going on.
- In a string of tweets, ESPN.com's Marc Stein has quotes from Kevin Durant, on the status of Team USA's longtime coach Mike Krzyzewski (Twitter link)—who has confirmed his intention of stepping down—and Jerry Colangelo, on the probability that LeBron James plays in the 2016 Olympics. (Twitter link)
- On the New York Times' NBA Blog, Off the Dribble, Rob Mahoney takes a look at the league's new CBA, and how it's effected large and small market teams.
- CSNPhilly.com's John Finger details how Sixers management landed Andrew Bynum in yesterday's four-team mega deal.
- The Newark Star-Ledger's Dave D'Alessandro says Deron Williams felt all along that the Magic wouldn't trade Dwight Howard to the Nets.
- In a mailbag feature, the South Florida Sun-Sentinel's Ira Winderman discusses whether or not the Heat would have offered Chris Bosh in a Howard trade.
- Did the Magic receive a fair haul in their exchange for Howard? SI.com's Chris Mannix does not think so.