A happy Labor Day to our American readers, and a happy Labour Day to those in Canada! This holiday Monday hasn't been a busy one when it comes to NBA news and rumors, but there are still a number of noteworthy links trickling in. Let's round up a few of them….
- On the heels of Serge Ibaka's four-year extension with the Thunder, Darnell Mayberry of the Oklahoman outlines five ways Ibaka can prove he's worth the $49MM+ he'll earn.
- Berry Tramel of the Oklahoman considers a reader's theory on why the Thunder won't let James Harden hit free agency, concluding that there's still no way of knowing whether Harden will get an extension.
- Steve Kyler of HoopsWorld takes an early look at the prospects expected to be at or near the top of draft boards next June.
- Dwight Howard is looking forward to getting the opportunity to work out with Kareem Abdul-Jabbar when he gets healthy, writes Arash Markazi of ESPNLosAngeles.com.
- Stephen Brotherson fields readers' questions in a chat for HoopsWorld, discussing Kyle Lowry, James Harden, Tomislav Zubcic, and more.