Jeff Zillgitt of USA Today writes that free agent guard/forward Josh Howard is just waiting for an opportunity to be signed. Howard has fielded interest from several NBA teams and says that he has been given positive feedback. Zillgitt added that Howard's workouts this summer have strengthened his knee and given him confidence in his ability to contribute on an NBA team. We have more of tonight's miscellaneous links from around the Association…
- Shandel Richardson of the Sun Sentinel says that this could be Dexter Pittman's last year to prove himself as a keeper for the Heat.
- In addition to news that Chauncey Billups has been increasing his practice time, it has also been noted that Clippers guard Chris Paul is reportedly close to returning from a thumb injury (Janis Carr of the OC Register writes).
- In this article from Lakers.com, Pau Gasol, Kobe Bryant, Metta World Peace, and coach Mike Brown offered their thoughts on the impact that Steve Nash has brought to the Lakers locker room.
- Ira Winderman of the Sun Sentinel discusses Chris Bosh's role as Miami's third option as coach Erik Spoelstra looks to utilize more post-up opportunities for LeBron James and Dwyane Wade.
- Doug Smith of TheStar.com writes that Raptors coach Dwane Casey is yet to decide between Aaron Gray and Jonas Valanciunas for the team's starting center position. Stephen Brotherston of HoopsWorld provided a comprehensive break down of the competition for key rotation spots in Toronto's camp.
- Wizards owner Ted Leonsis held an interview with reporters on Thursday to speak about topics including John Wall, building team chemistry, the dramatic roster changes from this summer, and the overall growth of the team (according to Michael Lee of the Washington Post).
- Keith Schlosser of Ridiculous Upside examines the difficult balance that coaches face in the D-League between winning and player development.