After getting media day out of the way on Monday, the Lakers took to the floor for their first full open practice. While they're not in full scrimmage mode yet, press in attendance did get to see the early stages of the Princeton Offense with one of the system's biggest proponents, assistant coach Eddie Jordan, overseeing everything. The new scheme won't be the only big change this year as head coach Mike Brown says that he wants to cut down on Kobe Bryant's minutes in 2012/13, tweets Mike Trudell of NBA.com. The 34-year-old was asked to play 38.5 minutes per game, but Brown says that the team's improved depth will allow him to give his star guard more rest. More from around the Association..
- Despite the frustrations of last season, Nets point guard Deron Williams is confident that the team will turn things around thanks to their offseason upgrades, writes Roderick Boone of Newsday. Coach Avery Johnson added that Williams seems more focused now that the distraction of free agency is in his rear view mirror.
- Former Wizards forward Andray Blatche is grateful for his new opportunity with the Nets, Boone writes. "Last season with the Wizards, the whole situation that happened there was really a wake-up call to show me that the job of my life, the job I love doing, can be taken from me in an instant. So to see what happened to me, to see that I have another chance, I don't want that to happen again," Blatche said. The Wizards amnestied the 26-year-old and absorbed the remaining $23MM owed to him earlier this year.
- Hornets rookie Anthony Davis already sees the benefit of new arrival Ryan Anderson being on the roster, writes John Reid of The Times Picayune. The sharpshooting forward has the ability to knock down shots from the outside and take attention away from the No. 1 overall pick on the inside.
- The 76ers have hired former Nets scout Jordan Cohn as their new pro personnel scout, writes John Finger of CSNPhilly.com. Cohn spent the previous eight seasons covering the NBA, D-League, and NCAA games in New Jersey. The club is also set to hire an analytics guru in the near future, according to General Manager Tony DiLeo.
- Celtics summer league standout Stephane Lasme has signed with Greek team Panathinaikos Athens, according to Jessica Camerato of CSNNE.com.