The Raptors are holding their media day in Toronto, and a number of interesting tidbits have already come out of the session. Here are the day's Raps notes, both from the media session and elsewhere:
- Raptors president Bryan Colangelo expects all three of the team's rookies -- Jonas Valanciunas, Terrence Ross, and Quincy Acy -- to contribute this season, tweets Ryan Wolstat of the Toronto Sun.
- Asked about Jose Calderon as a trade candidate, Colangelo said he must explore every avenue to upgrade the roster, but nothing is imminent with Calderon and no trades involving the point guard were ever close (Twitter links via Wolstat).
- For his part, Calderon acknowledged recently in an interview with Marca.com (passed along by Steve Kyler of HoopsWorld) that the team has indicated he could be on the block because of his contract situation -- he'll become a free agent next summer.
- The Raptors view DeMar DeRozan as a key part of the team's future and have discussed an extension, though Colangelo isn't sure something will get done by Halloween (Twitter links via Wolstat).
- Doug Smith of the Toronto Star asks five questions that could be crucial to the Raptors' 2012/13 season.