A pair of Central Division cellar-dwellers have winnable games on their schedules tonight, as the Pistons prepare to host the Raptors while the Cavaliers face the Magic in Orlando. The Pacers will have a tougher time making up ground on the division-leading Bucks, with a matchup against the Spurs on tap. As we look forward to a busy evening around the NBA, let's round up a few notes out of the Central….
- The Pacers are off to a slow start without Danny Granger, but head coach Frank Vogel doesn't feel like major changes are needed, as he tells Paul Flannery of SBNation.com. "I like the guys we have on our team," Vogel said. "Obviously we're missing Danny, there's no question about that, but I think we have the pieces to become a really good team and I think we're close."
- Although Charlie Villanueva has only appeared in three games for the Pistons, shooting 1-of-10 from the field, David Mayo of MLive.com still doesn't believe Detroit should have used its amnesty provision to release the forward in July.
- In his latest mailbag on Bulls.com, Sam Smith weighs in on Tom Thibodeau's extension and early-season performance, Taj Gibson vs. Omer Asik, and plenty more Bulls-related topics.
- Smith also adds that the Bulls would've liked to bring C.J. Watson back for the same minimum-salary contract the point guard received from the Nets.
- We're in the midst of examining Central Division teams in our Offseason In Review series, with recaps of the Cavaliers' and Pistons' summers having been published earlier this week.