Steve Kyler of HoopsWorld.com answered some questions from followers on his Twitter account Saturday morning, addressing a variety of trade rumors and speculation.
- Kyler doesn't think the Grizzlies will trade Rudy Gay unless it makes them better in the short term. He notes that the recent trade of Marreese Speights, Josh Selby, and Wayne Ellington to the Cavs was their method of getting under the luxury tax, which will make them more hesitant to trade Gay.
- Similarly, Kyler doesn't think Memphis will move Zach Randolph this season, although he points out that it could happen this summer as Randolph gets older.
- Kyler doesn't see any way that Gay ends up with the Lakers.
- The Magic are not interested in trading for Danny Granger, due to the potential of his health and contract to impact their rebuilding timeline.
- While Kyler thinks J.J. Redick would be a good fit for the Spurs, he says they are not willing to part with Kawhi Leonard, whom they see as a building block for the future.