Steve Kyler of HoopsWorld.com answered some questions from his Twitter followers on Saturday regarding various free agency and trade rumors.
- Just as they plan to make a run at Chris Paul (link below), the Hawks will aggressively pursue Dwight Howard as well, Kyler says.
- Hornets GM Dell Demps tells Kyler he wants to give his roster more time to play together, so New Orleans is unlikely to be active at the deadline.
- The Lakers almost traded for Michael Beasley last year, but Kyler can't see them doing so again (Twitter links).
- Kyler speculates that the Wizards are the most logical destination for Rudy Gay.
- The Magic, who possess a trade exception worth more than $17.8MM from the Dwight Howard deal, aren't likely to use it for a "splashy" move.
- If the Magic deal away J.J. Redick, he'll look to sign with a contender as a free agent this summer.
- Kyler tweets that the Hawks intend to make a strong push for Chris Paul this summer. The Bobcats will also attempt to lure him, but Kyler does not think he will leave the Clippers.
- Kyler says that Andrew Bynum will be seeking a max contract on the open market, although there is some doubt that he will get such an offer. He points to the Rockets as one team willing to take a gamble.
- The Magic value J.J. Redick highly, and it would cost several draft picks for them to move him.
- Kyler sees the Grizzlies' recent Rudy Gay trade discussions as an attempt to understand roster value.
- If Derrick Williams continues his strong play, Kyler thinks the Timberwolves may opt to move Kevin Love instead.
- The Celtics may be open to trading Paul Pierce, Kyler writes, if the return makes them more competitive right now.