As we look forward to an evening slate that includes a pair of contests between Eastern Conference contenders (Hawks/Nets and Bulls/Celtics), let's check in on a few odds and ends from around the NBA....
- Appearing on Sportsnet 590 The Fan in Toronto yesterday, Raptors coach Dwane Casey said no trades are imminent for the team, but that he, president Bryan Colangelo, and executive VP Ed Stefanski talk about potential moves "every day." Kevin Nielsen has the quotes from Casey at Sportsnet.ca.
- Mike Conley tells Bill Ingram of HoopsWorld that he hopes the trade rumors surrounding the Grizzlies don't amount to anything, since it would "hit us all hard" if anyone was dealt.
- In a pair of Insider-only pieces for ESPN.com, Chad Ford examines 10 potential trade candidates, and breaks down some draft options for the Bobcats.
- Eddie Sefko of the Dallas Morning News suggests that finding a legit point guard is one of the Mavericks' top priorities, and says Jose Calderon wouldn't be a bad trade target for the team.
- For the first time this season, there appears to be serious progress happening in Andrew Bynum's recovery, writes Bob Cooney of the Philadelphia Daily News.
- Kevin Pelton of ESPN.com (Insider link) tries to find the most logical fit for Josh Smith, should the Hawks decide to trade him.