As we look forward to a full Wednesday night slate of NBA action, let's check out a few odds and ends from around the Association:
- In an Insider-only piece for ESPN.com, Kevin Pelton tries to find a potential trade partner for the Kings and DeMarcus Cousins, eventually concluding that it'd be hard to find a package whose value exceeded Cousins' own value.
- ESPN.com's Joe Kaiser also explores some hypothetical deals in an Insider piece, identifying the ideal trade targets for the Celtics, Nuggets, Nets, and other teams.
- Fab Melo confirms (via Twitter) what ESPNBoston.com's Chris Forsberg predicted earlier today -- the rookie was recalled from the D-League so that the Celtics' training staff can check on his concussion. According to Melo, he'll likely be headed back to the Maine Red Claws later this week.
- With Austin Rivers' NBA career off to a very slow start, A. Sherrod Blakely of CSNNE.com advises us not to be surprised if the Celtics reach out to the Hornets to see if New Orleans is interested in moving the rookie guard.
- Over at The Basketball Jones, Mark Deeks of ShamSports takes an in-depth looks at current D-League players who are candidates to be called up to the NBA this season.