On this date in 1955, the first woman to be drafted by an NBA team was born. Yes, you read that right. After a brilliant collegiate career at Delta State, Lusia Harris went on to be drafted by the New Orleans Jazz in the seventh round of the 1977 NBA draft. Unfortunately, Harris was pregnant at the time and unable to attend camp. Two years later, Ann Meyers went to camp with the Indiana Pacers but failed to make the cut.
Do you have a fantastic basketball blog piece that you want featured on Hoops Rumors? Send your submissions to HoopsLinks@gmail.com. Here's this week's look around the web..
- Bleed Green looks at the Celtics' addition by subtraction.
- The NBA Geek examines the low usage myth.
- The Basketball Post defends Jeremy Lin.
- Red94 breaks down the Rockets' performance in clutch time.
- Pippen Ain't Easy wants you to cool it on the Derrick Rose clock.
- NBA 247365 showcases the best of the D-League.
- Hardwood Houdini examines Boston's win over the Lakers.
- Bucksketball bows down to Larry Sanders.
- Hoops Addict writes that Jarrett Jack is a perfect fit for Golden State.
- The Brooklyn Game is concerned about the Nets in the long term.
- Wages Of Wins talks Nets, Andrea Bargnani, and bad contracts in their latest podcast.
- Utah Sports Net hits the postgame panic button.
- Pounding The Rock wonders if the Spurs will make a move before the deadline.
- 3 Shades of Blue takes a trip to the Eastern Conference.
If you have a suggestion for this feature, Zach can be reached here.