The latest news and notes from around the NBA on Saturday evening:
- There hasn't been much trade chatter involving LaMarcus Aldridge lately, but when asked about interest from other teams in an interview with Damon Jones on Nike Basketball's YouTube page, Aldridge said he enjoys playing in Portland, but might listen to overtures from other teams down the road (transcription via Ben Golliver of Blazer's Edge). Aldridge's contract runs through 2015.
- Mike Wells of the Indianapolis Star examines Paul George's journey to the NBA as the third-year forward makes his first All-Star appearance this weekend.
- Mary Schmitt Boyer of the Plain Dealer writes that the Heat will only be able to sign Greg Oden to the veteran's minimum.
- Tyson Chandler tells Jared Zwerling of ESPNNewYork.com that the Knicks sorely miss injured big men Rasheed Wallace and Marcus Camby.
- Ailene Voisin of the Sacramento Bee profiles Kings guard and Seattle native Isaiah Thomas, who is torn on his hopes for the team's ownership situation.
- Heat head coach Erik Spoelstra revisits his Portland roots with Chris Haynes of CSNNW.com.