With less than 72 hours remaining until the 2013 trade deadline, let's check in on a few odds and ends from around the NBA….
- Jermaine O'Neal tells Paul Coro of the Arizona Republic that, with his daughter scheduled for March surgery to repair a leaky valve, he hasn't had a chance to think much about trade possibilities. "My focus is to finish my job and what I signed up to do," O'Neal said. "If [the Suns] want to do something to help the team, I’m for it."
- For the last few weeks, we've heard conflicting reports on whether the Jazz are more likely to move Al Jefferson or Paul Millsap, and it sounds like NBA general managers aren't any more certain than we are. "I think they'll trade one of them because they can't keep both," a rival GM tells Ian Thomsen of SI.com. "But I'm never sure which one will go. One day I think it's going to be Jefferson, and the next day it will be Millsap."
- Josh Smith, Kevin Garnett, and Jefferson are among the trade candidates discussed by Sean Deveney in his latest column for The Sporting News.
- Sam Smith of Bulls.com goes through each of the NBA's 30 teams, predicting what they might be up to at the trade deadline.
- In an Insider-only piece, ESPN.com's Kevin Pelton examines whether deadline deals are actually effective, and weighs whether or not a few fringe playoff teams should consider being buyers.