The latest news and notes from around the NBA on Saturday evening:
- Dave McMenamin of ESPNLosAngeles.com wonders whether the Lakers are on the same page as head coach Mike D'Antoni.
- Bill Plaschke of the Los Angeles Times writes that late owner Jerry Buss' legacy will be felt for years to come.
- Steve Kyler of HoopsWorld tweets that the Kings explored trades for Aaron Brooks before the trade deadline but ultimately bought him out instead.
- Paul Coro of the Arizona Republic examines the bond between brothers Markieff and Marcus Morris, newly teammates on the Suns.
- Steve Simmons of the Toronto Sun wonders whether the Raptors will extend GM Bryan Colangelo's contract.
- Keith Langolis of Pistons.com praises the Pistons' new backcourt of Jose Calderon and Brandon Knight.
- Vincent Goodwill of the Detroit News writes that Knight is committed to fitting into Lawrence Frank's system.