On this date in 1962 , Elgin Baylor of the Lakers scored 62 points, breaking Bob Pettit's record of 50 points in an NBA Finals game. The odds were already against the Lakers making another trip to the Finals in 2013, but they really plummeted this past week with Kobe Bryant's Achilles tendon tear.
Got a fantastic basketball blog piece that you want featured on Hoops Rumors? Send your submissions to [email protected] Here's this week's look around the web..
- Forum Blue And Gold doesn't blame Mike D'Antoni for Kobe's injury.
- Silver Screen And Roll says Kobe's martyrdom deserved a better cause.
- Pounding The Rock tries to make sense of the Stephen Jackson situation.
- The Brooklyn Game talks Raptors and Rudy Gay.
- Blog A Bull asks if Joakim Noah should shut it down until the playoffs.
- Hardwood Paroxysm believes that Brittney Griner deserves your attention.
- The Basketball Post looks at the tough draw assigned to Maccabi Tel Aviv.
- A Wolf Among Wolves hopes things get better for Kevin Love going forward.
- Bright Side Of The Sun continues their lottery watch.
- Orlando Pinstriped Post says Arron Afflalo isn't overpaid.
- Bucksketball reminds Milwaukee fans not be mad about the Tobias Harris trade.
If you have a suggestion for this feature, Zach can be reached here.