Thirteen years ago, tragedy struck as Malik Sealy of the Timberwolves died in a car accident at the age of 30. Sealy was on his way back from a birthday party for Kevin Garnett when he was struck by a drunk driver traveling the wrong way down the highway. Sealy is fondly remembered in NBA circles for being an exemplary teammate and has a special place in New York basketball history after starring at Tolentine High School in the Bronx and attending St. John's University. As a member of the Redmen, Sealy put together career numbers that were bested only by Chris Mullen.
Got a fantastic basketball blog piece that you want featured on Hoops Rumors? Send your submissions to [email protected] Here's this week's look around the web..
- CLNS Radio explores the trade options the Celtics have for Paul Pierce.
- Dime Magazine pits Stephen Curry against Kyrie Irving.
- Fansided breaks down the way the Spurs disrupted the Warriors' offense.
- Singh Sports News asks if Miami has the most fake fans or most haters.
- Silver Screen And Roll wonders how unlikely a Dwight Howard–Chris Paul pairing is.
- The Basketball Post sees a difficult summer ahead for the Nets.
- Red94 is ready for another summer of Dwight madness.
- Forum Blue And Gold did some thinking about DH's next deal.
- Hoops Addict says the Warriors were better sans David Lee.
Hoops Links typically runs on Sunday afternoon and will resume doing so next week. If you have a suggestion for this feature, Zach can be reached here.