The Adidas Eurocamp in Treviso, Italy just completed its first day showing off the best players Europe has to offer NBA teams in this month's draft. Sports Illustated's Chris Mannix said that executives were raving about Giannis Antetokounmpo. According to Mannix, one executive said the 18-year-old Nigerian born "Greek Freak" point forward had "Kevin Durant-like ability" (Twitter).
Here are a couple more links detailing what went down during the first day of Adidas' Eurocamp:
- HoopsHype video on Raul Neto.
- Draft Express and European Prospects detail the good and the bad from day 1.
Despite some excellent play at Eurocamp, ESPN.com's college basketball analyst, Fran Fraschilla, doesn’t think there are a lot of European prospects that will go in the second round. He does see a lot of NCAA candidates for possible second round selections (Twitter), so lets go through the rest of the draft updates with an emphasis on the college prospects:
- Taylor Starer at Sixers.com has a draft profile up for Lehigh senior guard, C.J. McCollum.
- Alex Kramer at The Kings Blog with a report on the Kings' workouts with Michael-Carter Williams, McCollum and others.
- Kings.com also has Kings predraft workout updates on Trey Burke and Abdul Gaddy.
- The Toronto Sun's Ryan Wolstat says that according to new GM Masai Ujiri, the Raptors don't have any predraft workouts planned right now as they've been at group workouts and combines (Twitter link).
- The Oklahoman's John Rohde has a predraft numbers assessment of 7'1" Ukranian import and Maryland sophomore center, Alex Len. Rohde also writes that Len has made great strides in his two years with Maryland.
- Mary Schmitt Boyer of the Cleveland Plain Dealer has been going through the various positions covered in this year's draft. Today she went through the available shooting guard prospects, highlighted by Kansas freshman and possible number 1 pick for the Cavs, Ben McLemore.
- The Arizona Republic's Paul Coro says the Suns have lots of options to choose from at the number 5 spot in this month's draft.