On this date in 1975, the Bucks traded Kareem Abdul-Jabbar and reserve center Walt Wesley to the Lakers for center Elmore Smith, forward David Meyers, guard Brian Winters and swingman Junior Bridgeman. While Abdul-Jabbar appreciated the fans in Milwaukee, he was much more of a city guy and had requested a deal to either New York or Los Angeles.
Got a fantastic basketball blog piece that you want featured on Hoops Rumors? Send your submissions to [email protected] Here's this week's look around the web..
- Bobcats Baseline asks if Charlotte should trade for DeMarcus Cousins.
- Bright Side Of The Sun celebrates Father's Day, Suns style.
- Red94 delved further into the Dwight Howard–Chris Paul idea.
- Silver Screen And Roll looks at the relationship between Dwight Howard and Mike D'Antoni.
- Hoops Addict marvels at the Chris Bosh disappearing act.
- Pounding The Rock talks games 4 and 5 for the Spurs.
- Blog A Bull likes Tony Mitchell for the Bulls in this year's draft.
- 3SOB weighed in on Lionel Hollins.
- Hardwood Paroxysm goes one-on-one with Rick Barry.
If you have a suggestion for this feature, Zach can be reached here.