Here's the latest out of Los Angeles as the Lakers prepare their pitch to Dwight Howard..
- Howard's camp is unsure if Kobe Bryant will be there for the Lakers' pitch meeting as they've heard both yes and no, tweets Alex Kennedy of HoopsWorld. Howard will meet with the Hawks, Rockets, Mavericks, and Warriors, but the Lakers will get last licks per their request.
- Meanwhile, Steve Nash is expected to be a part of the meeting, tweets Ramona Shelburne of ESPNLosAngeles.com.
- After reaching the Finals four years ago, Howard desperately wants to get back to championship contention. Being able to play for a title is at the top of the big man's priority list, a source tells Shelburne and Dave McMenamin of ESPNLosAngeles.com.
- League sources tell Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports that the Rockets are the frontrunners for Howard. Howard doesn't want this process to extend long beyond his final meetings on Tuesday and could have a decision before the end of the week, sources said.
- A source close to Howard says that the big man isn't going to ask the club to do anything on his behalf in terms of additions or changes, tweets Mark Medina of the L.A. Daily News.
- Earlier tonight, the Rockets shipped Thomas Robinson to the Blazers, freeing up enough room to allow them to offer Howard a max deal.