A few random notes from around the league:
- Now that his head coach for the past six years is with the Clippers, there's a growing belief Kevin Garnett will play at least one more season with the Celtics before retiring and joining his former coach, Flip Saunders, in a ceremonial ownership role with the Timberwolves, according to Yahoo! NBA reporter Adrian Wojnarowski.
- Also in that same report from Wojnarowski, the Celtics will likely hold onto Paul Pierce instead of waiving him before June 30th, with the hope that a team will offer a first-round pick for his services between now and the trade deadline.
- Former Suns head coach Alvin Gentry could join Doc Rivers' staff with the Clippers, according to a tweet from Wojnarowski. Gentry is also still a candidate to become head coach of the Grizzlies or an assistant with the Lakers.
- Hoopsworld.com's Jabari Davis lists six free agent possibilities for the Warriors to pursue this offseason.
- The Cavaliers aren't enamored with all the first overall pick has to offer, and they've considered trading it since the lottery. Cleveland.com's Mary Schmitt Boyer dives deep into some possibilities the team might have.
- If Kentavious Caldwell-Pope is selected before the Bucks make their first round pick (15th overall selection), the team could look to pick Jamaal Franklin, writes JournalTimes.com's Gery Woelfel.