More free agent updates? More free agent updates! Let's round them up….
- Rick Bonnell of the Charlotte Observer confirms a report that the Bobcats are going after Al Jefferson, but though the team is said to be a likely suitor for O.J. Mayo, he doesn't appear to be in their plans, at least for now.
- The Nets are interested in Shaun Livingston as a potential backup to Deron Williams, tweets Mike Mazzeo of ESPNNewYork.com.
- Jason Quick of the Oregonian reports (via Twitter) that the Trail Blazers will speak to the reps for Matt Barnes and Francisco Garcia today or tomorrow.
- The Bucks are one of a half-dozen teams interested in Zaza Pachulia, tweets Gery Woelfel of the Racine Journal Times.
- Grizzlies CEO Jason Levien and head coach Dave Joerger were meeting with free agent guard Tony Allen earlier today, according to Chris Herrington of the Memphis Flyer (via Twitter).
- Celtics GM Danny Ainge told A. Sherrod Blakely of CSNNE.com (Twitter link) that his team hasn't been making calls to free agents today. No big surprise there, considering the rebuilding direction in which the C's are headed.
- Ainge did tell Gary Washburn of the Boston Globe (Twitter link) that he made a courtesy call to Dwight Howard to see if there was any interest on Howard's end in a sign-and-trade to Boston, but the answer, of course, was no.
- With the exception of Chris Andersen, the Heat aren't entering free agency with their eye on any specific free agents, opines Ira Winderman of the South Florida Sun Sentinel.
- Expect to see Garrett Temple back with the Wizards, says J. Michael of CSNWashington.com, tweeting that an agreement could come later this week.