The Warriors missed out on Dwight Howard but landed a big fish when they inked Andre Iguodala. While the deal was initially reported as an outright signing, Luke Adams crunched the numbers and found that the Warriors might prefer to do a sign-and-trade, if the Nuggets are cooperative. Here’s more of this week’s original analysis and reporting from the Hoops Rumors team on a very busy week in basketball..
- Chuck Myron explained the stretch provision.
- Before Howard decided to sign with the Rockets, Luke broke down the cost of a sign-and-trade deal for the Lakers. For several reasons, it would have been ill-advised for Los Angeles.
- There’s a misconception about the poison pill and Luke set us all straight.
- The majority of Hoops Rumors readers said that Howard would sign with Houston. Well done.
- Michael Pina asked who the top free agent available was after the top two were off the board and Josh Smith won pretty easily.
- If you missed out on Luke’s July 1st chat, you can get caught up here.