We rounded up a few Lakers notes earlier tonight, but now that free agency has begun, there are plenty more updates out of Lakerland. Here's the latest:
- There's been contact between the Lakers and former guard Jordan Farmar, and there's mutual interest between the two sides, a source tells Dave McMenamin of ESPNLosAngeles.com (Twitter link). However, a reunion would likely be dependent on the team's other moves.
- There is also mutual interest between the Lakers and Francisco Garcia, tweets McMenamin.
- The Lakers have inquired on unrestricted free agent Nick Young, agent Mark Bartelstein tells McMenamin (Twitter link).
- Wayne Ellington's agent also received a call from the Lakers, tweets McMenamin.
- In addition to calling Dwight Howard, GM Mitch Kupchak wanted to briefly meet with free agent big man, according to Mike Bresnahan of the Los Angeles Times (via Twitter). Bresnahan adds in a follow-up tweet that Kupchak was able to make that happen.
- We heard earlier tonight that the Lakers reached out to Earl Clark and inquired on Chris Copeland.