On this date in 1965, we learned that even legends can be petty. Celtics star Bill Russell signed a contract as the NBA's highest paid player, making one dollar more than arch-rival Wilt Chamberlain. Russell had threatened to retire if he didn't make more than the Big Dipper, so the C's gave him a $100,001 contract to top Wilt's $100K deal.
Got a fantastic basketball blog piece that you want featured on Hoops Rumors? Send your submissions to [email protected] Here's this week's look around the web..
- Yudelytics defends Brandon Knight's defense.
- Suite Sports asks if the Wolves overpaid for Nikola Pekovic.
- Dime Mag wonders if Michael Beasley will ever wake up.
- The Basketball Post previews the 2013 FIBA Americas Championship.
- Blog A Bull makes the case for Luol Deng as a stretch four.
- Hardwood Paroxysm asks if Allen Iverson was the best pound-for-pound player ever.
- Golden State Of Mind plays "What if?" with Monta Ellis.
- Pounding The Rock discusses the legacy of the 2012/13 Spurs.
If you have a suggestion for this feature, Zach can be reached here.