Nearly 29 years ago today, the Bulls signed their first-round pick out of UNC, Michael Jordan. The shooting guard captured the Naismith and the Wooden College Player of the Year awards after his junior season in 1984 and opted to forgo his senior year in favor of the draft. This was one underclassman who wasn’t overwhelmed by the jump to the pros and he had a pretty decent career for himself from that point forward.
Got a fantastic basketball blog piece that you want featured on Hoops Rumors? Send your submissions to HoopsLinks@gmail.com. Here’s this week’s look around the web..
- The Brooklyn Game gets you up to speed on the Kings.
- Nets Daily explains how Oscar Schmidt could have been a Net.
- Blog A Bull talks Derrick Rose and hype.
- Pounding The Rock goes inside the mind of Tim Duncan.
- Rufus On Fire revists Adam Morrison‘s tenure in Charlotte.
- Red94 asks what the best case scenario is for the Rockets.
- Liberty Ballers reflects on Tim Thomas, Chris Webber, and other busts in Philly.
- Golden State Of Mind has some thoughts on the Warriors’ offseason.
- Indy Cornrows is happy to see Paul George settled in at home.
If you have a suggestion for this feature, Zach can be reached here.