On this date in 1983, the NBA and the Players’ Association established a landmark program in sports to battle drug abuse, providing treatment and rehabilitation that also mandated expulsion of repeat offenders and players convicted of using or selling drugs.
Got a fantastic basketball blog piece that you want featured on Hoops Rumors? Send your submissions to [email protected] Here's this week's look around the web..
- Hoop76 explains why Evan Turner might be in line for a career year.
- Daily Thunder has some big questions heading into training camp.
- The Two Man Game looks at the Mavericks' narrative.
- Red94 previews the season ahead for the Rockets.
- Celtics Hub wonders if Jared Sullinger can be a center.
- Silver Screen And Roll wants to hear less from the Buss family.
- Blazers Edge asks if Portland's guards can play together.
If you have a suggestion for this feature, Zach can be reached here.