Earlier in the day, we rounded up several items out of the Pacific Division. Now, let's shift our focus to the West's other two divisions, with a few links relating to Southwest and Northwest teams….
- J.J. Barea tells Gonzalo Aguirregomezcorta of ESPNDeportes.com that while he wouldn't be opposed to returning to the Mavericks eventually, he's not looking to change addresses anytime soon. "I'm happy in Minnesota," Barea said. "They're the ones that wanted me there, the ones that signed me for four years, so until they decide to trade me, I'm going to give them all my effort in the games."
- The Trail Blazers aren't looking to trade LaMarcus Aldridge and he's looking forward to playing with the new-look roster, but if the team's season gets off to a slow start, it's worth keeping a close on Portland's situation, according to Steve Kyler of HoopsWorld.
- Lance Thomas was grateful for the opportunity to re-sign with the Pelicans after the team released him in July, as he tells Jim Eichenhofer of Pelicans.com.
- The Rockets had some interest in free agent guard Daniel Gibson at one point, but don't anymore, tweets Sam Amico of FOX Sports Ohio.
- Bryan Gutierrez of ESPNDallas.com gives the Mavericks a grade of B- for the team's new deal with Bernard James.