Nearly every NBA team made at least one roster move within the last seven days, so the week at Hoops Rumors was heavy on news and rumors, and lighter on speculation and analysis. However, our team still managed to find time for a few original posts. Here’s a recap of this week’s original content at Hoops Rumors:
- Dozens of players were cut from NBA rosters this week as teams prepared for opening night. I provided a Saturday update on where we stood with roster cuts, while Chuck Myron listed the players who will still be owed a partial or full guarantee despite being released.
- When word broke that the Magic will continue to pay Gilbert Arenas through 2016, I looked at which other NBA clubs are still paying their amnestied players.
- 13 NBA teams have a new most highly paid player for the 2013/14 season, as Chuck details. That number increased to 14 following the Suns/Wizards swap on Friday, when Nene took over as Washington’s highest paid player.
- In a pair of polls, Chuck asked if Gordon Hayward should receive a larger extension than Derrick Favors, and whether or not Royce White will ever play an NBA regular season game.
- Here’s a rundown of most of Hoops Rumors’ original features in a single post.